To take part in the Achieve through Work Experience Programme you must:
- Be under 25 years of age at point of entry onto the Programme;
- Be in full time education studying a HE course at an institution in Wales;
- Have the legal right to live in the UK for the period of support from the project i.e. whilst a HE student
You will have to provide evidence that you meet the above three eligibility criteria in order to participate in the Programme. Examples of the evidence are here.
And fit one or more of the following criteria:
You will have to provide evidence that you meet some of these eligibility criteria. Examples of the evidence we will require are here.
- From a Black and/or Minority Ethnic background
- Have a work limiting health condition
- Have a disability
- Have childcare/care responsibilities
- Be a care leaver
- Be estranged from your family
- Be from a low HE participation neighbourhood. This means that you must be from a ward which is classed in the bottom two quintiles of university participation. Enter your home postcode (not your student address if it is different to your home address) on the Office for Students website to check https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/data-and-analysis/young-participation-by-area/young-participation-by-postcode/. If your postcode returns a 1 or 2 in ‘POLAR 4 Young participation quintile’ you are from a low participation neighbourhood.
And be assessed as likely to benefit from the programme by a programme adviser.