GO Wales Glyndwr award employers at 10th anniversary event
- 14 May 2013
- A government-backed scheme which has helped almost 6,500 graduates in their search for graduate employment has celebrated its 10 year anniversary at Glyndŵr University.
GO Wales celebrates 10 years on Europe Day
- 09 May 2013
- Since 2003 graduate employability project GO Wales has been awarded funding from the European Social Fund to support the development and retention of graduates’ high level skills, knowledge and innovative potential in businesses in Wales, particularly within small to medium sized businesses.
Blaenau Gwent Businesses awarded for work experience excellence
- 22 April 2013
- Over 30 representatives from Public, Private and Voluntary sector organisations with interests in Blaenau Gwent attended the ‘GO Wales Breakfast Networking Blaenau Gwent Event’ at Bedwellty House, Tredegar this week, to join in celebrating 10 years of Graduate Opportunities Wales; Wales’ flagship Graduate Employability and Business Support programme.
Thousands of graduates into work; GO Wales reflects after 10 years
- 15 April 2013
- This month sees one of Wales’ prominent graduate placement providers celebrate its tenth anniversary. To help mark this milestone, GO Wales; Wales' flagship graduate employability project, has contacted some of the 6,500 who have benefited from paid Work Placements with local businesses up and down the country to find out how they are getting on.
GO Wales gave Nicole her first Career Break a decade ago!
- 02 April 2013
- 10 years ago Nicole Rugman was a graduate on a train to her first job interview in Tredegar. The train managed to break down at every station but after a successful interview she was offered a job to start the next day as part of a GO Wales Work Placement and she hasn’t looked back since.
Petersens’ placements gain national recognition
- 28 March 2013
- Cardiff-based Public Relations consultancy Petersens has won a top accolade at the National Council for Work Experience (NCWE) Awards 2013, marking it as one of the UK’s best internship providers.
Love Wales? Get snapping your favourite things about the country in GO Wales’ latest competition
- 25 March 2013
- In conjunction with the tenth anniversary of Wales’ flagship graduate employability project, GO Wales; funded by the Welsh Government and European Social Fund is launching a photo competition calling on the people of Wales to snap the country in all of its glory.
GO Wales help women take the lead in top Welsh jobs; Celebrating International Women's Day!
- 08 March 2013
- Now in its 102nd year, International Women’s Day has grown in supporters. Not surprising then that the ethos of this positive message has been pinned to the masts of many modern organisations such as GO Wales, the Welsh graduate placement provider funded by the Welsh Government and European Social Fund.
Total Students - An interview with Sam Gould
- 04 March 2013
- Since 2010 student events company – Total Students has recruited many graduates through GO Wales initially as 10 week work placements leading onto longer term positions.
The flexibility of the scheme has meant that Director Sam Gould has been able to recruit talented individuals at key times in the development of the business.
We recently caught up with Sam to find out how the business has grown and how graduates have helped to support this…
Becky brings science to life across the globe!
- 26 February 2013
- When Becky Holmes took part in a GO Wales Work Placement seven years ago she couldn’t have imagined that she would be travelling the globe bringing science to life for teachers, children and researchers.