GO Wales Work Placements
GO Wales Work Placements are Wales’ flagship work
experience scheme. We offer students and graduates the chance to gain paid, project-based
work experience in Wales. Our placements are designed to help make you more employable.
What is a Work Placement?
Placements last around 10 weeks and are normally full time. They are paid at £250
per week or more. There are many benefits associated with a GO Wales placement.
Here are a few:
- You get the chance to develop your skills by working on a real business project for a local employer.
- You complete a short work-based qualification designed to complement and add value to your degree, free of charge.
- You can add some vital quality experience to your CV.
- You can give yourself a real advantage over other job hunters in the current competitive job market.
- Many placements lead to further work with the host company but this isn’t guaranteed.
Due to the way we are funded there are some restrictions over who is able to take part in the services offered by GO Wales.
here for further information.
Are you looking for a job and currently unemployed or working less than 16 hours a week?
If you are a graduate 24 years old or under: Jobs Growth Wales Graduates offers job-ready young people six months’ worth of paid work experience.
Find out more about Jobs Growth Wales here >
about GO Wales to Europe, a programme of work placements in the EU.
Browse some of the case studies below to see how students and graduates have benefitted
from GO Wales Work Placements: