This is an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Construction graduate to work in the biggest port in Wales.
You will be reporting to one of the Assistance Port engineers, and will work in conjuction with the GIS Technician.
The placement includes:
1) Review of recent Asset Appraisals.
2) Visit to all major assets to ensure understanding of the complexity of the project.
3) Assist GIS Technician with input of Asset ID log to GIS system and appropriate reports.
4) Develop a monitoring and maintenance plan for all of the assets, including weekly, monthly, annual inspection templates for use by Engineering Departments in future.
5) Undertake physical asset tagging of all assets where appropriate, in order to ensure clear identification during future monitoring plans.
6) Assist in the development of the budget proposals for 2012 thorugh 2018 for maintenance/capital works as requried.
There is an opportunity for you to be kept on for a while after the ten weeks.
Evidence of using Planned Maintenance system an Asset Registers
Have a full driving licence
Be a competent user of work / excel / Microsoft / GIS / CAD
Must live within a commutable distance of Milford Haven / Pembroke Dock
Develop a monitoring and maintenance plan for all of the assets, including weekly, monthly, annual inspection templates for use by Engineering Departments in future.
Included within your work placement is a short work-based Award accredited by City & Guilds. The Professional Development Award helps you focus on developing the skills employers want in the workplace. Everyone on a GO Wales work placement completes the Award.
GO Wales work placements are 6-10 weeks of paid employment in an organisation in Wales. They often lead to longer-term work and are a great addition to your CV.