A day in the life of a Placement Manager, Nikki Bennett, GO Wales, Cardiff University
- 08 August 2010
- We are a team of three working on Placements in the GO Wales office at Cardiff University (me- Nikki Bennett- Placement Manager, Joanne Jenkins- Placement Manager and Mike Crippin- Placement Administrator) and we are busier than ever at the moment.
Meet us at Skillscymru and get free popcorn!
- 07 August 2010
- Come and meet us at the Skillscymru event Cardiff Millennium Stadium next month. Skillscymru is the careers and skills event for Wales and is open to people of all ages, it starts on Thursday September 16th for 3 days and features 100 exhibitors, dedicated expert advice, free master classes and seminars plus a battle of the bands final on the Saturday.
Rebecca climbs to the top at Boulders
- 21 June 2010
- A GO Wales work placement helped Rebecca Hawkins gain valuable hands on experience in marketing; she participated in a 12 week placement with Boulders climbing centre in Cardiff where she was to play an important part in taking the company forward.
Unpaid Graduate Internships in the Spotlight
- 07 April 2010
- There has been a recent debate in the media regarding unpaid graduate internships and whether this can be deemed as exploitation or a means of gaining good experience in a competitive job market. Concerns have been raised that companies recruiting unpaid interns are breaking the law by not paying a minimum wage.
Behind the scenes – GO Wales Marketing
- 06 April 2010
- No two days are the same at the marketing office; we are a small but busy team (Marketing Manager Alysha Morgan and Marketing Coordinator Crystal Evans) working on a range of marketing activities to raise the profile of the GO Wales project.
Freelancers of the future benefit from new GO Wales programme
- 22 January 2010
- 22 graduates recently took part in a unique tailor made course launched by GO Wales to help begin their freelancing careers in Wales. The programme was delivered at Glamorgan University by a team of consultants and consisted of two; three day courses to help the budding freelancers develop the skills, confidence and knowledge needed to take their business ideas forward.
Graduate Academy expands for 2010
- 21 January 2010
- Over the next two years 200 graduates are set to benefit from the GO Wales Graduate Academy which aims to provide recent graduates with the skills and support needed to meet the challenge of obtaining graduate employment.
490 students and graduates secure paid placements
- 21 January 2010
- Despite the recession 490 students and graduates secured paid work placement opportunities with businesses across Wales through GO Wales last year.
Graduate gets the go ahead with GO Wales
- 08 December 2009
- Funded earlier this year with a £17 million Welsh Assembly Government convergence package, GO Wales gives students and graduates a head start in today's job market. The scheme has been providing a wide range of work experience opportunities, training and jobs, accompanied by a helpful range of career resources since its establishment in 2003.
Minister praises ‘get up and go’ of GO Wales Graduates
- 24 November 2009
- Education Minister Jane Hutt has today visited a company in Bridgend to see firsthand the success of their involvement with the GO Wales Programme.